Wednesday, July 5, 2017

My Little Mom Cave

 I have a little space all for me. It used to be the furnace room in our 100 year old farm house. This tiny room is where I can think, pray, blog and dream. This small space once had a wood stove rather than a furnace. The long wallpapered wall held rows of hooks for wet farm clothing to hang dry.
 My husband installed a new wood floor for me. I purchased the green leather swivel chair from a thrift store. It just has that feel that it once lived in a library. My desk is a slim sofa table with the same color green legs as the chair. It once had its home in my parents' hallway. My desk is just the right size for my laptop and it reminds me of Kathleen Kelly's desk below, from "You've Got Mail."
I loved her cozy apartment in that movie.
 I got the fridge for $20 at a garage sale. I make my own kombucha, which is a health drink made from fermented tea, and I keep it and other fun drinks in it. The cupboard in back has matching green paint on its sides. I keep my Bible, pens, scissors, tape and other office supplies in there.
 I put up the wallpaper myself and my husband cut and finished the oak strip for me. The matching green shelf also came from my parents' home. These items are a reminder of my beloved mom and dad.
This little haven is in the center of my home. The shower curtain hides the electric furnace behind it. It is a place where I can study my Bible and place the names of those whom I am praying for on a certain wall, just like Miss Clara did in the movie "War Room." If you have not seen that movie, I highly recommend it.
This is a photo of Elizabeth's prayer closet, in which she prayed for her husband and family and experienced God's hand doing miracles in their lives.
Here is a good Bible verse to remind me that God is my refuge and He truly defends me and hears my cries for help. "Lord, how many are my foes! How many rise up against me! Many are saying of me, 'God will not deliver her.' But you, Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high. I call out to the Lord, and He answers me from His holy mountain." Psalm 3:1-4
I have seen miracles and it is because of time spent with Jesus, sometimes at 4:00 am; me and a cup of coffee. The children were asleep in their beds. My dear hubby was off to work. I alone prayed, sometimes fasting as I prayed, for God's will in our lives.  I prayed for God to use me. He has. I am thankful. I prayed for my husband to get a promotion; he did!! I prayed for us to find a farm to buy; God provided!! Most of all, I prayed that I would be right with God and that I would do those things that would bring Him glory.
   
    

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...