Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Thankful For God's Goodness~ originally posted 2008

I have not been blogging much. My whole house has been turned upside down since the walls in the family room were textured, and now, with the carpet being replaced; plus I've been substitute teaching. Each time we do something it seems like all the furniture from one room has to be piled high into another room. We can't find things and nothing seems cozy.
I'm so thankful that I am enjoying teaching and have had so many wonderful experiences. This is me after work wearing one of my Ross Dress For Less sweaters.
Here is one example of my upside down house. We had to move everything out of two bedrooms so that the old carpet could be taken out and the new put in.
We found out that this carpet is really 30 years old, not 40. It was put in the house in 1988. It still looks brand new. We have three different colors: Gold
Blue
And Cocoa. We found out that if it catches fire it produces cyanide gas. It will kill you instantly if you breath that!!! We have innocently lived here with candles and a fire in our fire place and had no idea this was outlawed carpet and that it was so dangerous.
We can't get it out of here fast enough, now that we know. Here is our upstairs hallway without the carpet. I will show you pictures of the new carpet soon. I thank the Lord and give Him the credit for watching over us and also the family who lived here before we did, that no flame touched these toxic carpets.
I got a bonus today while I was teaching school. My high school friend Wanda, just happened to be teaching a training class for the teachers in this school today. So I got to visit with her for a few minutes. God is so good. I just want to thank Him for all the blessings in my life. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord; "plans to prosper you and not to harm you , plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart" Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...