Sunday, November 20, 2011

Analogy Lord of the Rings


For our struggle is not against flesh and blood but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world,

and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Eph. 6:12 "Take up the shield of faith"with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. This is my favorite scene in the movie "Lord of the Rings," because she is not one bit afraid of the Devil or his demons. She knows they can't hurt her. Satan is not afraid of us believers, but he is deathly afraid of the cross of Christ and the precious blood shed there.
That precious blood broke the spell of the "deep magic." He can no longer trick or deceive the one protected by the blood of Christ. He thought he had won, when Adam and Eve were deceived, and the relationship between them and God was broken. That's how Satan gets his power. God is a holy God. Satan knows God cannot look at sin.
The relationship was broken, when Adam and Eve sinned. There was a barrier between them and God. From them on a blood sacrifice was required. They were doomed. It seemed that there was no hope for them, so thought Satan. Just like the Children of Israel were doomed if they did not put the blood on their door posts.
No matter how "good" they were; no blood; no Passover. There is only One who could break the curse, and that One victoriously did. He is coming on a white horse someday, "On His robe and on His thigh He has the name written, 'KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.' Rev. 19:16"Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God and pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests…"Eph. 6: 16-18"The prayer of a righteous man availeth much." James 5:16
I am righteous ONLY because I have repented of my sin, and turned away from it. I sin every day, just like King David did. I don't want to, but I do. I can be made righteous and clean again by kneeling at the foot of the cross and confessing to Jesus.
He hears me, and I my heart is right with God again, and we have a relationship again. If I don't repent, there is a distance between the Lord and me. I can't stand it until I go back to Him and ask Him to make my heart clean again. Then, my prayers are heard and they are extremely powerful. I like to wear my cross necklace because it reminds me of what He did there.
Satan hates anything that reminds him of the blood or the cross. The Bible says Satan deceives the whole world. Don't be deceived. Run to the cross of Christ, it's our only hope. The Holy Spirit will open your eyes to see the truth. Speaking about the powerful blood of Christ and Him dying on the cross is not speaking about death, but rather, His VICTORY over death! He's alive!!!! "So we fix our eyes NOT on what is seen, but is UNSEEN. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is ETERNAL. " 2 Corinthians 4:18

 Never forget you are free from the curse of sin and death. Don't let Satan deceive you. Cling to the Cross of Christ and the power you now have to overcome.              I thought this was worth repeating ~ Kathi

1 comment:

Sue said...

Hi Kathi, I have been looking around here on your new blog, and enjoyed my visit so much.
Wishing you and your family a most blessed and happy Thanksgiving.
Hugs,
Sue

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...