Friday, October 21, 2011

My Motto For Fashion: It Must Be Cute and Modest

As promised I'm back to share a little bit more about cute and modest clothing. Here are a few pictures of Bible teacher Beth Moore in her cute clothes. I love her costume jewelry and style.
This coat is adorable with its pink polka dots. It's a long fitted jacket, which dresses up jeans, but still remains casual. Love this pants suit, with its oh so cute ribbon. Beth is famous for her fitted stylish coats and jackets. She's darling.
Love this crystal necklace and pretty festive top. I got these photos off her DVD "Esther." I paused the TV, and did not intend to get her with funny faces, but she is very animated and cute, and to get the best photo of the clothes I sometimes got her with funny faces. Here I am in the dressing room. I shop in lots of places from Kohl's, Sears, Penney's, Dress Barn, Ross, and to Goodwill. This time for fun, I'm at Goodwill. This summer top cost $2 dollars. Yay! Although this top is a bit boxy, I only paid $3 dollars at Goodwill, so I am not complaining. I added this ribbon to pull it in and give it some shape. Sorry the picture is blurry, but here I am in the top with the ribbon, my Goodwill jeans for $2 dollars and my Dress Barn shoes for $16 dollars. There you have it "Cute and Modest.' Thank you Beth for the ideas and for being such a great Bible teacher. I have learned so much from you. I love my new shoes and was thrilled that they were 50% off. God bless you ladies. It's okay to be cute and modest. I used to think I was sinning if I looked stylish or pretty. I used to go around looking dowdy thinking that somehow this was being more "holy." I believe if my heart is right with God and that I am humble and willing to glorify God, I can still be cute. I asked my husband one time if he wanted me to dress in unattractive clothing so that other men would not look at me. He said, "No way. I want you to look as pretty and stylish as possible, as long as it's for ME."Now, I am pleasing not only God, but my husband too, and I get to be happy also.
"Therefore encourage (admonish, exhort) one another and edify (strengthen and build up) one another, just as you are doing."1 Thessalonians 5:11

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...