Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I Made Another Top From A Sun Dress


 Once again I found a clearance item and altered it so that I could wear it to school . When I found it I liked the colors, but not the fit. It was too long for me and made me look out of proportion.
 It's a pretty dress, but for school I really needed straps and I would have to wear something under or over it for keeping with our school dress code.
 I did the same with this dress as I did with the others. I cut off about 3 inches from the bottom and made shoulder straps from that fabric.
 I can now wear the dress as a top with one of my thrift store sweaters over it.
Remember if you like the color but not the fit, get out your scissors and sewing machine and change it. You can do it. Have a lovely day.
Blessings, Kathi "All the widows stood around him, crying and showing him the robes and other clothing that Dorcas had made while she was still with them." Acts 9:39

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...