Thursday, September 1, 2011

Think Outside the Box

 I found a dress for $14 dollars at Ross. I hated the way I looked in it,but I had a vision of how it could look, so I bought it anyway. I altered it, and made it my own.
First off, it was too long, or um, I am too short; really dislike. Second, for me, I need straps.  Below is the before picture.
To fix the problems, I cut off the bottom of the dress and made straps from the fabric removed. I hemmed the dress short enough to become a top rather than a dress. I purchased a lil' green sweater (it's an Ann Taylor) at Goodwill for $4 dollars and black pants for $8 dollars from Ross, and then added some bling. Heels give me height and make a more proportionate look.

This is a lot more me. I'm getting bold with my sewing machine and scissors; and you can too. Look beyond what is there and try something new.
Blessings, Kathi
"And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these."  Matt. 6:25-28

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...