Thursday, September 22, 2011

Don't Like the Wallpaper? Paint Over It

I'm ready to reveal my Old World style walls in my dining room.
I have been wanting to share this with you for several months.
...But, before I do, you must look at the old walls in the dining room. They were covered in pink striped wallpaper.
I wanted a fresh more sophisticated look. One in which I could use a peach or turquoise colored table cloth if I wanted to, or blue, purple, red and green. With the old color scheme I was stuck and nothing but pinks, creams and whites looked appropriate. Below is a picture of the newly painted dining room.
I chose a paint called "Pop Corn." It is the perfect color. I love it because nearly any color from burgundy or emerald to topaz or sapphire will work.
My huge dilemma was removing all of that wallpaper. I DID NOT want to do that. I found my solution on the Home and Garden show.
They said I could roll right over the top of that wallpaper if I use an excellent paint. I wanted texture so I found out about using crinkled up white tissue paper along with the paint to create an Old World texture.
After rolling the wet paint onto the wall, crinkle up white tissue paper and...
place it on the wall like this, leaving as many wrinkles as you'd like.
Dip the small roller again into that luscious paint and gently roll right over the top of that tissue you just placed on the wall.
Continue and repeat. Soon you will notice how professional your walls are beginning to appear.
As I scrutinized my work I looked on with dismay. I could see the wall paper line clear as a bell underneath my work. I decided to keep adding layers of tissue to help disguise this. Well, it never did go completely away, but it was looking enough like an Old World wall texture to me that I was happy.
I like the look of that texture in the above photo, and I love it that red tulips now go perfectly in this dining room if I want them there, "sigh."
There is a warm feeling in this room. I want to be in this room. I love this room!!! It's not so much that I love the color, even though I do, it's sorta that this room is now MINE, and not the lady who lived here before me. Yes, that's it. It's ownership.
The above two photos show entering the dining room from the kitchen. Now everything blends in my adorable farm house. Colors did not blend before. I did not sense harmony as I do now.
This is looking from the dining room into my cute farm house kitchen. I am really loving my home and it feels so much more like me now.
God be with you all today as you remember Him and acknowledge Him in your life. "One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple." Psalm 27:4

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...