Sunday, October 2, 2011

Peace Like A River

ISN'T PEACE SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE A POND?
"If only you had paid attention to my commands, your peace would have been like a river." Isaiah 48:18 Author, Bible teacher, Beth Moore, pointed out to me that peace like a RIVER is very different than peace like a POND. PEACE LIKE A POND WOULD BE QUITE DULL Photobucket Beth Moore said, "...a peace that can be retained while life twists and turns and rolls over boulders...To have peace like a river is to have security and tranquillity of heart and mind while meeting many bumps and unexpected turns on life's journey through change." Photobucket
Peace like a river can be quite exciting and never dull. Sometimes I get scared and say, "You mean you are taking me down that raging river, Lord?" The Lord didn't say that I would have no problems in this life. He promised, "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10
I need to remember that even though I don't know what is ahead, Jesus is with me in the boat.
Have a blessed day, Kathi

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...