Wednesday, May 28, 2008

It's Time To Plant the Garden

Good morning everyone!! Here's what we've been working on. We've got our tomatoes and peppers planted; beans and corn are next. Those are Marion berries on the north side. We have raspberries on the south side. Our garden is back near this metal shed. It's a lovely walk, but when I need chives or basil, I'm usually standing in the kitchen and don't feel like going this far back to get them.
This is my potato patch. There are radishes and lettuce here too. I used to have an herb garden on this end, but I've decided to move that up near my kitchen. I left some chives here. Arn't they pretty?
I was thinking how blessed we are with color. God could have made everything black and white. This is the spot I've chosen for my kitchen garden. My kitchen is straight ahead in this picture, and it will be much easier to clip herbs from here than going way back to the garden. So far I have chives, basil, thyme, leeks, and a few peppers in my kitchen garden.My husband is driving a stake for the hog fencing we use for string beans. He stepped back onto a stake and poked his foot. The jagged metal went into his foot. I felt so bad for him.
He's updated on his shots thank goodness. Here is another view of the hog fencing. Whew! We put this up last week when it was 90 degrees.I'm making a little privacy fence for the drive-way out of arborvida and flowers. We don't get too many cars on this road, but we feel like we are on display when we do.I was thinking what a good God we have. Even though we suffer the curse of thistles and thorns, He allowed us to keep the pretty flowers. He could have removed all the beauty, but the Lord let us have some of the beauty of the Garden of Eden. Some day we shall see all of it!!! Praise the Lord. Have a lovely day Ladies. Kathi

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...